April 4, 2010

Naturally Loved: Part Eighteen

Over the past few weeks I've been playing around with a number of products and I am so happy to see the diversity of the brands coming out with hair and skin care products focused toward women who want a more natural alternative. In March Jane Carter Solution, Curls and Miss Jessie's started to be carried in Target and I am hoping all these companies have success and more natural/organic brands are welcomed into mass retailers, Wal-Mart anyone?

This progress tells me that natural based products are not just a fad but a new perspective on beauty products that I think is here to stay. Retail brands like TRESemme introduced their NATURALS line, L'oreal has already introduced their EverPure and EverStrong lines of sulfate free shampoos, conditioners and styling products, and Pantene has also introduced their Nature Fusion Line. I will say that most of these companies are 'trying' to meet the demand of having relatively good ingredients, great results while still maintaining a retail price tag. I think that although the ingredients in these products are still not the best for our hair the idea has been planted and is beginning to birth results that we can see.

It is an experience to see a relatively small hair care company grow year after year and than start to become mainstream. I live in Canada so I am unable to witness Jane Carter Solution in Target as yet, as well as Curls and Miss Jessie's. The core of my support for these companies is that they are Black owned, and who best to make products for our hair? Us of course!

Happy Growing,


Natalie

No comments: