July 22, 2009

The No-Comb Method


The No-Comb Method is simply only combing your hair preferably with a wide tooth comb when it is wet and has a generous amount of conditioner in it. I really like this method. It helps retain growth and allows the hair to stay more moisturized throughout the week since you use minimal manipulation by using your hands to smooth, detangle and style. If I do need extra help with my hair I use a toothbrush to smooth and my Scunci Boar Brush for large sections. I comb my hair once every one to two weeks. If it is combed sooner than that than its an exception like changing my style in the middle of the week which I rarely do. I would love to hear feed back regarding the No-Comb Method, thanks!

4 comments:

CallaLily said...

Thanks for the post. I just started using this method and I really like it.

Lita said...

its what i do, never really thought of it as a method! in fact, now that i am sporting curl wash n goes, i've given up the comb entirely.

wisdom goddess born said...

I only comb my hair wet and with loads of conditioner myself, but I didn't know it was trend setting! I have been nantural since '95 and have lately been exploring loads of hair in a condition and go style all summer. I just co wash, heavy condiition, comb and I'm out the door. I use my conditioner as styling product, combing through my whole head from time to time, other times arranging the coils until they air dry and I'm at work.

Anonymous said...

This has become my preferred method of styling. I only used my wide-toothed comb to detangle in the shower while my hair is soaked with water and conditioner. After I am done, I rinse in cool water and style with my hands. =)