July 24, 2009

Solange Post Response To Her New Do

Solange posted a response to her new hair do via Twitter, this is what she said:

listen. if. i. wanted. to. make. a. statement. i. would. have. twitpic’d. photo shoot. ect. i. was. simply. taking. my. son. to. school.stupid. paps. took. pic. ive. had. my. hair. cut. like. this. for. two. weeks. i. was. NOT. inspired. by anyone. but. my. self. i. have. done. this. twice. in. my. life. i. was 16. i was 18. did. not care about your opinion. then. dont. care. now.dont. need. your. attention. or. your. co-sign. i am #3. trending topic. before. IRAN. &. some of you cant even locate it on a map. its sad.dont. want. a. edge. up. or a perm. because. im not trying. to make this “a style” or a statement. i. just. wanted. to. be. free. from. the. bondage. that. black. women sometimes. put. on. themselves. with. hair.this. phase. of. my. life. i. want to spend . the time. the energy. and the money. on something else. not in the hair salon.im. not. mad. at . all of you. that have made your opinions known. and have sent negative. energy. my way. i expected this of you.you. have. the right to have. an opinion.so. do. i.ONLY reason i responded to this i have is because i was disappointed to see my name more talked about then #iranelection we. gotta. do. better. people.happy. happy. joy. joy “im no soul girl quipped with no afro, im just my god given name. giggles at the word “rant”… im about to eat roscoes chicken and waffles with julezy and my buddies. not a rant in sight. http://bit.ly/gFSxo sighs.

Bravo, You couldn't have said it better than me!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Personally, think that she should be happy that people are talking. Worry when people stop talking about you. That's the one thing I don't understand about celebrities. They thrust themselves into the spotlight, but can't stand the light. With the light comes positive and negative energy. This is the cycle of life.

If I were Solo, I would just be happy that we (bloggers, fans,etc) are buzzing about her and keeping her relevant. Block the haters and continue to enjoy her shine. That's all I'm saying :)

Anonymous said...

I think her comments were directed towards the people who had something nasty to say about her hair. I think she looks good...why? because she doing what she wants to do and could care less if anybody has anything to say about it. Keep on my sista :)