August 12, 2009

Darren Anthony's Secrets Of A Black Boy

O
O
O
Darren Anthony, Playwright
O
O
O
Darren Anthony and cast members during rehearsals
O
O
O
Trey Anthony and Darren Anthony with the cast of Secrets Of A Black Boy
O
O
O
When 'Da Kink In My Hair first premiered in Toronto I was their watching an amazing story unfold that was raw and passionate. It resonated with me since it was a true depiction of the adversities black women face. Now Trey Anthony presents her brother's play Darren Anthony's Secrets Of A Black Boy which examines the struggles of Black men in an area of Toronto known for poverty, brutality and adversity, Regent Park, a housing project in Toronto. The play premiers to a wide audience Wednesday September 23rd and ends Saturday October 3rd at The Music Hall (147 Danforth Ave.) Visit http://www.secretsofablackboy.com/ for more info.

2 comments:

Nicky said...

I saw Da Kink in my hair and it was awesome. This will also be a must see.

Anonymous said...

My sister and I planned to see this after we heard about it at lyme and tings. I want to see it even more now that ive seen the trailer.