February 24, 2010

Kiss My Face Upper Management Styling Gel VS. Aubrey Organics B-5 Design Gel

Since the summer of last year I've been using Kiss My Face Upper Management Styling Gel and I love it! It gives great hold to my edges (not too hard and not to light), it doesn't flake and is versatile that if I want to change hair styles it moves well in my hair without causing breakage. I personally think this gel is a classic and know that a lot of different hair textures have had success with it, plus its easily available and affordable. When I use gel I always base my hair with a dab of shea butter or a pomade like Qhemet Biologics Amla Oil Nourishing Pomade, than I apply the gel to my edges.

A few months ago I thought about trying out the Aubrey Organics B-5 Design Gel and have been trying it out for the past month. It is a light hold gel that flakes and always leaves a white crispy film on my edges when it dries, yuck! The Mandarin Magic Gel from Aubrey Organics also did this. I don't know how this gel will react in my hair if I 'work it in' than just applying it on my edges.

A few people have said it gives them a light hold and great manageability. Light hold has never been an issue for me and I have products that give me manageability if I need it. I visited cosmeticdatabase.com and was happy to see that the Kiss My Face Upper Management Styling Gel was rated a 1 while the Aubrey Organics B-5 Design Gel was rated a 2. Their isn't much difference in the rating which is my point, they are very low in toxins and am very happy to see that.

In my opinion the Kiss My Face gel is superior to the B-5 gel by Aubrey Organics. It is thicker in texture, and doesn't flake or leave any film on the hair or skin. If you are looking for a all around reliable gel this one is a good place to start.

I think this is a clear example that not everything made by one company will work for you, with certain products you may need to mix it up a little.

As the months get warmer I'm going to try the B-5 Design Gel as a light moisturizer and styling agent all throughout my hair and will give updates.

1 comment:

Milan said...

I tried the B-5 Design gel a year ago and didn't like it either. The smell drove me crazy too. I'll be on the look out for the Kiss My Face gel. Thanks for the recommendation.