February 25, 2010

Product Review: Karen's Body Beautiful Juicy Shampoo Bar

When I first got the Karen's Body Beautiful Juicy Shampoo Bar I was intrigued by the chalk-like appearance and the feel of the soap and tried it within days. I would like to note that the photo used which is located on Karen's Body Beautiful website doesn't reflect how the Juicy Shampoo Bar actually appears, their is no herbs embedded in the soap, it is just an off-white solid colour.

This shampoo bar has a low to medium lather and has a sweet-milk-like scent to it if that makes any sense. The coating on the soap which resembles chalk dissipates as you use the soap and is pretty soft in texture so leaving this soap in your shower shouldn't be an option, I would recommend storing it in a cool dry place to preserve it.

I found the soap was okay and wasn't necessarily thrilled by the results. As long as a shampoo cleanses my hair without stripping or causing my hair to frizz than I'm good. It took me a little while to really work up a lather and than to try to concentrate it on my scalp. I really had to work it in and missed a few spots on my scalp so my scalp wasn't completely clean. I think this happened because I'm not a big fan of shampoo bars especially low lather ones that I need to rub vigorously into my hair and scalp.

Performance: This is a low to medium lather bar, I would say this depends on the texture and density of your hair as to the kind of lather you may get. It worked okay and left my hair soft and my coils still clumped. 2/2

Price: For the results I got this shampoo bar is over priced in my estimation, 12.00 USD for 3-4 ounces, wow! 0/2

Ingredients: Purified Water, Saponified Olive, Coconut and Safflower Oils, Jojoba Oil, Shikakai & Amla Herbs, Apple Cider Vinegar & Panthenol 1/1

Karen's Body Beautiful Juicy Shampoo Bar 3/5

No comments: