September 13, 2009

My Denmans Revisited ...

Over the weekend I of course was home wondering what to do so I went into my closet and pulled out my Denman D3 Brush to see if somehow I could use it again. my hair was already slightly dampened from being washed and set into bantu knots. I took out each bantu knot brushed it a few times and than reset it into a bantu knot. The brush smoothed my hair and my curls did pop on my ends. I was surprised to see that not a lot of hair came out. I'm trying to figure out why when the first time I tried my Denman I didn't like it. I definitely wouldn't use my Denman to smooth my hair into a bun or puff, I use my hands and a toothbrush for that. I see the brush as a 'prep' tool that allows me to stretch my hair out for the week.


First:
I know not to brush my hair when dry only when damp and hydrated either with conditioner and/or moisturizer present in my hair.

Second: Only brush my hair once to twice a week since anymore would be excessive.

Third: I still use my wide tooth comb to detangle, I don't trust my Denman to do this job.

here is a link to the original post My Denmans ...

No comments: