September 21, 2009

My Hair and Silicones

Over the past 3 years I have used silicones off and on. By year two I was using Herbal Essences but stopped because my hair became unresponsive and dry ALL the time. I started experimenting with Aubrey Organics Shampoos and Conditioners, Curls, Dr. Bronner's Castile Soap, Suave Conditioners, Pantene, and the list goes on. Well, I finally settled on Kiss My Face Big Body and LOVE IT!

Two weeks ago I went into Shopper's Drug Mart and saw TRESemme on sale, and it was a good sale! I've wanted to try some of their conditioners for a while but wasn't going to pay almost $7 a bottle to do so. Most bottles of shampoos and conditioners were bonus sizes so I got the 1.17 L bottles with the pump instead of the regular 900 ml bottle for $3.99 each! Now I have tried TRESemme before, it was the Smooth and Silky Conditioner and my hair hated it. I got a lot of tangles and my hair felt dry. I heard the Moisture Rich, 24 Hour Body, and the Flawless Curls Conditioners are usually the best for our hair types. I got two Moisture Rich Conditioners and one each of the 24 Hour Body and Flawless Curls. By the next day I had tried the Moisture Rich Conditioner as a co-wash and my hair really likes it.

I have heard of this happening, suddenly your hair hates silicones than you try it a few months later or years later and your hair loves it... wow. I definitely know that not all conditioners with silicones will work in my hair, just like any other product. I will post my results with the 24 Hour Body Conditioner and the Flawless Curls Conditioner when I get around to using them.

2 comments:

Chrissystina said...

I know, God bless 'em, sometimes. I went into Smith's the other day to go back to my favorite silicone- based conditioner, Aussie Moist Deeeep Conditioner, but they changed the ingredients on me! Now I am scared to buy it again.

Natalie said...

@Chrissystina

I know what you mean, the changed up all the retail conditioners and added a ton more of silicones in them. They even changed Elasta QP and Creme of Nature