October 15, 2009

Product Review: Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioning Repair Cream

The Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioning Repair Cream is a love or hate relationship, there is no in between. I had hopes for this one but it fell short of my expectations. The consistency of this product is a thick creamy gelatin cream that has a refreshing scent that smells nothing like shea butter.

I washed my hair and than used the Cantu Shea Butter as my moisturizer and styling product. I braided my hair as I've been doing this past couple of weeks and pinned them up around my head since I'm rocking my wig as a protective style. In the morning I ran to my mirror to see how my hair looked. My hair had no shine, it felt and looked dry almost to the point of looking brittle, I thought my hair would start breaking. I undid a few braids to see the product on the length of my hair. It kept good definition but was lacking moisture so I added some shea butter to my hair. After a few days I washed my hair because it just wasn't doing anything, my shea butter gives better results. I also want to add that a plus I found with this product is it really lessened the frizz in my hair and helped to lengthen my hair, but made my hair very limp. I'm guessing people who have thick hair would love this product since it lessens the bulk of the hair and lengthens it at the same time.

Many naturals on You Tube have said this product leaves white balls of product in their hair, I didn't experience that. It does take awhile for my hair to absorb the cream but when my hair did I didn't see any white balls or flakes.

Performance: I am disappointed, I may just use it on top of my moisturizer to give some hold for buns and braids, etc. 1/2

Price: $5.99 CAD, this is an affordable product for a 16 OZ jar, but is alot to finish when the product doesn't deliver the results you desire 1/2

Ingredients: Water, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycine Soja Oil (Soybean), Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternium 37, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, PPG 1 Trideceth 6, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Stearalkonium Chloride, Trimethylsilylamodimethicone, Panthenol, PPG 1 PEG 9 Lauryl Glycol Ether, Lanolin Oil, Cinnamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Acrylamidopropyltrimonium Chloride/Acrylamide Copolymer, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Benzophenone 3, BHA, BHT, Zea Mays Oil (Corn), Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, DMDM Hydantoin, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance .5/1

Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioning Repair Cream 2.5/5

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I use the Cantu Shea Butter as a co-wash since when I tried it as a leave-in I had the same results you did except with the white flakes. Just used the last of it last night and will not re-purchase because of those white flakes. Yet I prefer to co-wash with it.

Lteefaw said...

This stuff makes a great pre-poo. Those people who are getting the white balls must be mixing this product with a product that contains protien.

Anonymous said...

I tried this product after hearing almost everyone rave about it. I really don't like it at all. I gave it to my sister who still has a perm.

First it took forever to dry. Then after it finally dried it left my hair hard, brittle, and feeling coated.

I got little white balls after attempting to "make it better" by mixing it with other products. I didn't get the white balls when I used it with a little oil.

With or without extra stuff this product just does not work for me.

Anonymous said...

i noticed the brittelness when i used this product with my staple leave in : infusium 23. May i suggest using this product on clean hair i.e without any product in ur hair prior to use.

Rachel said...

where can i find this product!!!! I have been looking and calling places half them never heard of it. Does anybody know if I can put in my hair when its twist with extensions. let me know.

Lauren<3 said...

You can find it at Walmart for about 5 dollars or cheaper.

Natalie said...

@Rahel

In Toronto it is located at:

Beauty Collection
2575 Victoria Park Ave. (Victoria Park and Sheppard)
(416) 496 1060

Hope this helps!

Rachel said...

Thank you. I tried that store its sold out for the time being any other locations?

Novella said...

Rahel I got 5 jars of this I will send it to ya. Novella