October 1, 2009

Tiffany's Review of Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding

A while ago I met up with Tiffany at our Second Natural Bellas Gathering in Toronto and gave her a 2oz jar of the Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding to review. I am such a whimp when it comes to trying out some products. Anywho, Tiffany went home and went to work to see how Miss Jessie's sizes up to her regular products and here's her review:


I tried the Miss Jessie’s Curly Pudding...both the unscented (I bought it awhile back) and the regular one you gave me. I started with a clean head of hair, freshly shampooed and conditioned. I placed my hair into four sections, two in the back and two in the front. I placed the unscented version on the right side of my hair, and the original on the left side. I started working the curly pudding through each section. I didn't use a leave in underneath because I knew that my leave in wouldn't work well with the curly pudding. It would have resulted in a gooey mess! Plus, I wanted to see how the product worked on its own. After applying the product to each section of my hair I diffused my hair. I'm a big fan of diffusing because my hair literally takes 3 full days to air dry! And sometimes I'll still find damp spots. I just can't wait that long for my hair to dry. Once my hair dried it didn’t look terrible...but its certainly looked better using cheaper products!

Pros:
The curly pudding did provide curl definition. But my hair curls without any products being added so curl definition isn't a big deal to me. The shine in my hair was very noticeable. My hair had movement. The curly pudding held my curls, but not so much that my hair didn't move. I like that because I enjoy my hair bouncing around!

Cons:
My hair felt very coated, so I washed it out the very next morning. I wasn't heavy handed with the product either. I didn't feel like my hair looked good the next morning. Which also led to me washing it out.

Smell:
The unscented version smells like glue. The original version has a grape smell, which is slightly overwhelming. Overall, I wouldn't use the Curly Pudding again. I can get much better results with cheaper products. I do have the Silkening Stretch Cream. I plan on using that in the near future.

Thanks!


TIFFANY

No comments: