November 18, 2009

Product Review: Aveda Dry Remedy Moisturizing Treatment Masque

I have been excited to review the Aveda Dry Remedy Moisturizing Treatment Masque . To be honest I was a little apprehensive because of some of the ingredients but after using it over the past few weeks I am sold. I used this treatment masque two weeks in a row. First, for dry conditioning and than the conventional way after I cleansed with black soap. I will say that this treatment is not to be used weekly on my hair because by the second treatment my hair was 'too soft'. This treatment seems more suited as a bi-weekly treatment to maintain and add essential moisture to your hair especially in the winter months. You can use this treatment with or without heat, the results are relatively the same. An amazing part about using this treatment is that I noticed my hair actually absorbed it. When I removed my conditioning cap my hair had absorbed most of the masque and after rinsing and setting my hair it was sooo soft, frizzless and incredibly manageable. This is a definite keeper.

I actually got the product in August because it was my birthday month, you get $10.00 off at Aveda in the month of your birthday toward any purchase. Next time I go to Aveda to stock up on this treatment I will be purchasing the 8.5 fl oz tube. One draw back that may concern you is that the 4.2 fl oz tube gave me about 3 treatments to my length of hair which is around 10 inches at its longest parts and this treatment is not cheap, I may have been heavy handed but I will see over the coming weeks if that is the case as I get more use to using it. I love Aveda, its one high end brand that I don't mind splurging on. If I use this conditioner twice a month along with my Nature's Gate and Qhemet Biologics Heavy Cream I'm sure I will be fine for the rest of the winter with the 8.5 fl oz tube.

Performance: Amazing! I love the results, this is a keeper. My hair was soft, manageable and frizz free and the results lasted over a week! 2/2

Price: 28.50 CAD for 4.2 fl oz tube, pricey but worth every penny in my opinion. 2/2

Ingredients: Aqeuous (Water/Aqua/Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetearyl Alchohol, Dimethicone, Stearalkonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Stearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Buruti oil, Pomegranate Sterols, Orbignya Speciosa Kernel oil, Astrocaryun Murumuru seed butter, Tocopherol, Ethyl Macadamiate, Vinegar, Sunflower seed oil, soybean oil, Meadowfoam seed oil, jojoba seed oil, Babassuamidopropyltrimonium methosulfate, distearyldimonium chloride, Behentrimonium chloride, Polyquarternium-10, Behenamidopropyltrimonium methosulfate, centrimonium chloride, dimethiconol, tricaprylyl citrate, dimethiconol meadowfoamate, glyceryl caprylate, dicaprylate maleate, palmamidopropyl trimonium methosulfate, alcohol denat., parfum, geraniol, limonene, Citronella, Eugenol, Linalool, Citral, citric acid, Sodium gluconate, potassium sorbate .5/1

**This masque contains silicones so you may want to steer clear if you are silicone sensitive. I am to an extent but so far so good, I will definitely keep you posted on any changes that may occur.

Aveda Dry Remedy Moisturizing Treatment Masque 4.5/5

No comments: