September 25, 2008

Boo To Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner

My update on my all natural, organic hair product quest is ... well ... not fantastic.
Last night I co washed my hair with Aubrey Organics Conditioner in the shower. When I came out I reapplied the conditioner to my hair after separating it into 5 sections. Section by section I applied a dollop amount, sealed with my coconut oil and tied each section into a tucked puff using ponytail holders, covered with a plastic shower cap and than covered that with my satin scarf and went to bed. I thought this baggy method might do the trick for uber moisturized hair in the morning.
When I woke up I lightly rinsed each section out, my hair did not feel moisturized, it was blah, not really dry and not moisturized, just there. I than applied my moisturizer and than my coconut oil, I used my head band for a cute afro style for work and out the door I went. Now I must admit my hair was still wet when I left for work this morning so I was a little self-conscious of this as drips of water came down to my ears while I rode the bus to work, but I worked it! That was around 9 AM, by noon my hair was still damp, my curls were defined but not popping the way I want them to. I had to re-wet my hair around 2 PM for the fresh-look since my hair was looking dehydrated.
I must admit that when I did this exact same style with my Herbal Essences Conditioners I never had to re-wet my hair in the middle of the day because of moisture lose and my curls popped beautifully. I had moisture packed in my hair for days and it is 3 to 4 bucks a bottle compared to the 13 bucks a bottle for Aubrey that does not work as well ... boo! Did I mention that the bottle is almost finished. I think all of you know where I am heading with this, I'm going to keep using Aubrey Organics until its finished and not repurchase. Too bad I really wanted it to work.
Although my 100 % natural and organic trial will be cut short I am still on the no-poo trial for one month. All is not lost, almost all of my other products are natural, organic and/or vegan. I can't give up my Herbal Essences, it like my crack!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thats too bad AO works amazing for me. there is a technique when it comes to using natural products, b/c they have to be used and wroked differently than regular store bought stuff. plus you cant really tell how well a natural product works if your using a mix of different stuff with it.