September 1, 2008

My Scalp Tonic

I have mentioned my scalp tonic quite a few times so I thought it would be proper to share my recipe with all of you. It's pretty simple, here it goes:

In a 8OZ spray bottle fill the bottle up half way with water.
Add about 60 drops of vegetable glycerin (I use the NOW brand which has a flip nozzle that will drip), if not measure about 2 or 3 TBSPS
Add 60 drops rosemary essential oil
Add 60 drops peppermint essential oil
1 TBSP vitamin E oil (32 000 I.U.)
2 TBSPS FOTE aloe vera gel

I know my recipe seems strong with the essential oils but it works for me. I have mild Seborrheic Dermatitis of the scalp and this has eliminated the need to use the steroid cream my doctor prescribed to me, the more natural, the better!
Fill the bottle up with water a little more, make sure you have enough room in the bottle to shake everything together, and voila!
You can also whisk this together in a bowl and pour it in to your bottle. Make sure you shake well before every use.

1 comment:

Chai said...

I think I might try this!! I've been in and out of my dermatologists office for the past six months, filling prescription after prescription of pills and foams to combat my dermatitis...I think spending over 60 bucks the last time was my last straw! I've been trying to try something natural for the past month or so and have found success using coconut oil...but this sounds amazing! Glad it's helped you;-)