September 22, 2008

A New Routine

The last time I cleansed my hair with shampoo or a cleanser-like-shampoo was about a week and a half ago. Since winter is around the corner I've decided to try the no-poo method (no shampoos used to cleanse hair) . This includes my lovely Abba Pure Gentle Cleanser and my Curls Cleansing Cream. I will rely on my lovely Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar, co-washes with Aubrey Organics and plain ole water to keep my hair clean. You may ask why am I trying this out? Well, first I've noticed natural cleansers although gentle still can be a little harsh on my curls, my hair sometimes needs a few days to 'recover' before my curls pop the way I like them to. Second, I want to see if this routine makes a difference in texture and feel of my hair since I've heard so many naturals talk about the no-poo method, and third I am making an effort to use more natural ingredients on my hair and cutting out commercial hair products is a step I am willing to try.
I expect my hair to be hella soft, my curls to be more defined and my hair easier to manage. I am also expecting a lot of growth since I am eating a lot healthier and will start a regular work out soon.
Some of the products and tools I will be using:

Products

Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar
Aubrey Organics Conditioners (co-washes and deep treatments)
Unrefined extra virgin coconut oil
Unrefined shea butter with aloe vera gel
Qhemet Biologics Amla and Olive Heavy Cream
Qhemet Biologics Olive Cream Conditioner and Detangler
Qhemet Biologics Tea Tree and Grapeseed Therapeutic Pomade
Aubrey Organics Mandarin Magic Moisturizing Jelly

Tools

My Hands (detangling, twisting and braiding)
Wide tooth comb (as needed)
Denman Brush (as needed)
Scunci No Damage Elastic Head wraps
Print Scarfs (for work)
My Satin Scarf (for bed)

Well here I go!

No comments: