November 12, 2008

Beauty: Red Alert

I love red on lips and I love to play it up especially during fall and winter. It is a classic colour that works well with just about any hairstyle and easily moves with you from casual to formal dress attire . I thought I'd show you some products in my make up drawer. My favourite red lipstick is Ravishing Red by IMAN and my favourite lip gloss in red is High Drama also from IMAN, with these I'm good to go. I choose reds that have golden to neutral undertones, I have a caramel golden complexion so these red tones compliment my skin well. If you have a chocolate to deep complexion cool to neutral reds work well with your skin colour, a wash of red like High Drama from IMAN and Benetint Lip Balm from Benefit are great. For a lipstick try Guerlain Kiss Kiss Extreme in Rouge Infini 120. For olive to light skin tones try a neutral red like MAC Russian Red. Neutral to orange undertones compliment this range of skin colour, some other reds worth noting are:

Lancome Colour Design -Sensational Effects Lipcolor in Retro Red
Dior Rouge Dior Replenishing Lipstick in Action Red #526
Lorac Sheer Wash in Sheer Emotion
Clinique High Impact Lip Colour SPF 15 in Red-y to Wear
Nars Lipstick in Heat Wave

No comments: