November 18, 2008

Scalp Care

Part of maintaining healthy hair is a healthy scalp. Having a healthy scalp is essential to strong vibrant hair. Here are a few tips that helped me to attain and maintain a healthy scalp:

Maintain a clean scalp. Having a clean scalp promotes growth and allows hair follicles to produce strong healthy hair.

Messaging your scalp with or without oil promotes circulation and growth. Usually this should be done 2 or more times a week.

Eating plenty of fruits, vegetables and protein rich foods such as tofu, lentils and fish gives scalp a healthy foundation of nutrients.

Drink plenty of water, it acts as a hydrator to our body and that includes our scalp. If you have dry scalp or other scalp ailments water assist in lubricating the scalp.

**Try Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar as a clarifier. I use half water and half apple cider vinegar after I cleanse and condition. I simply pour small amounts of about 6 to 8 oz of the solution over my hair messaging as I go until the whole solution is finished. Than I just let it sit for about 5 minutes and rinse.**

No comments: