March 31, 2009

Steven Lopez: After Midnight Series

I was so excited when I first came across the artist Steven Lopez. His "After Midnight" Series is HOT! I am so happy to see one of my favourite artist of all time, Minnie Riperton. She sang like an angel, all need to do is pull out her album ... I just did ... and play Inside My Love ... I am ... I love her.




The "After Midnight" Series combines Lopez's love of art and music, with vivid colour combinations that immortalize our beauty; with huge afros to locs to straightened hair our beauty is encompassed in the collection.

The collection is of portraits featuring Chaka Khan, Erykah Badu, Jill Scott, Tina Turner, India.Arie, Sade, Aretha Franklin and Minnie Riperton. Erykah Badu and Steven Lopez recently met in Dallas, Texas for 100 prints to be personally signed by her and sold online through aftermidnightsoul.com .

No comments: