January 24, 2010

Update: Darcy's Botanicals Madagascar Styling Creme and My Hair

I Mixed up a storm with the Darcy's Botanicals Madagascar Styling Creme, I mixed it in conditioners, pre-poo'ed with it and used it as a moisturizing creme. The creme is alright but my shea butter does a better job at keeping my hair moist than any moisturizer I have tried. I won't be repurchasing it. Although the scent dissipated after a while it was not inviting when I opened the jar to use the creme. Keeping it simple is what I am focusing on, it makes my hair care routine so easy.

Recently, I picked up Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Shampoo and Conditioner, I will do a more detailed revisit review of these two products at a later date. I will say I am loving both these products and finally figured out how to best use them for my hair. The shampoo is used once every two to four weeks, a few nickle sized drops is all you need, and the conditioner I use it as a leave in conditioner (just a little throughout your hair) and I also use it as a deep conditioner. I always add oil and honey to the conditioner. These products are more natural than Kiss My Face and are super concentrated. I guess I did a 360 degree with Aubrey Organics.

Over the past few days I've been wearing my hair in chini-bumps to work using bobby pins to hold them in place. I work in a business environment so I dress up my hair with accessories like earrings, and I just bought some gold and silver bobby pins from Sally's! My hair is so soft with the Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner, shea butter and Darcy's Botanicals Coconut & Capuacu Butter Pomade, I love this combo.

No comments: